PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good deal for Airbus 320 rating in Europe?
Old 16th Dec 2011, 20:19
BigNumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrow Runway

Hi N.R,

Just went tech, (FADEC prob); so home tonight instead of flying my little Jet. Away Sunday now.

Yes, you are quite correct; I have never flown either a 737 or A320. Never will..........cant afford to. I have all the responsibilities of life. Paying to fly, or even low pay, is not an attractive option.

And yes, you are also quite correct, my cosy corporate bubble is a Private Op, directly employed by a private owner.

Mercifully, I will not be joining the Big Leagues but, for those with the money to hand, buying 500 or 1000 hours on type is perhaps the only way ahead. Indeed, look at adverts running on pprune. The need is identified and met. Some airlines seem to welcome this new income stream. I know that my family and I appreciate the subsidized Air Fares.

Back to the debate; what is the remaining option? Sit looking at an impressive blue beer mat; boasting some MEP time!!!! Maybe get an FI rating? Utter cobblers.

IMHO. Hours on type is now the only way. That or just give up and admit that all the time effort and money has been flushed down the obvious.

By way of background, and to back my original assertion, I operate regularly into CMN and the chaps who paid up to RAM seem to be doing okay. Most are off to Qatar for a healthy sum. Good luck to them.

Show me any job available to some weaner armed with a MEP/IR and a winning smile. Nothing is there? Best call Daddy again then!

Finally,

Best wishes for Xmas