PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft off the Runway at SXL
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2002, 15:44
BANGHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right Avenger, this thread seems to have lost the plot a bit and turned into two different issues.

The Potter sounds a bit miffed to say the least, but if the crews have been dumped as he/she says I can understand that, but we can't debate the reasons why management may have done this simply because we don't know.

As for the SXL incident, there's a lot of speculation going on here, but not getting ground fine should not have caused the aircraft to go off the end or burst the tyres.

If you brake like hell on a wet runway, then the F27 antilock system won't save you, trick is to get it right.

As for V810's reasons for the Luton blow-outs, what a load of cobblers! Even if there was unsolicited input from another person, the aircraft commander should have considered going around, not landing two thirds down the runway.

Was it the same guy flying at SXL, if so thats bad luck, but lightning does strike twice.

Its easy for me to contemplate sitting here with the sun on my back, guess it's not so cosy at ECY HQ now.