PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 15th Dec 2011, 23:29
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ GerardC & ChristiaanJ: Your "disagreement" made me discover (another) difference between:
- the CVR transcript from the BEA 3rd interim report
and
- the CVR transcript from Otelli's book (which is the one quoted in the Popular Mechanics article)

GerardC => your interpretation is correct based on the BEA transcript
ChristiaanJ => your interpretation is correct based on Otelli's / PM transcript

Sometimes, those two transcripts say the contrary one to another. It's the case here, with :
(BEA) "Moins quarante deux, on utilisera pas les anti-ice c’est toujours ça de pris"
(Otelli) "Va pour les anti-ice. C'est toujours ça de pris."

@ captplaystation:
The transcript in the Popular Mechanics article is an excerpt of the so-called "full" transcript in Otelli's book "Erreurs de pilotage N°5" (published in french only).
I commented here on Otelli's (& PM) book, the baseline being this transcript appears based on a draft (initial listening of the CVR?). Otelli got his hands on it via a leak, obviously.
I think the transcript published by the BEA in its interim report is more accurate (and less complete, the BEA having published 'only' "excerpts from the CVR transcript").
In the example above, the fact that no anti-ice was selected ON (per FDR data) following this sentence by the PF means indeed the BEA is right.

Last edited by AlphaZuluRomeo; 16th Dec 2011 at 12:40. Reason: typo