PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft off the Runway at SXL
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2002, 00:25
IMMELMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThanksV810 - As I said in my post of 03 November, speculation over causes of accidents or incidents does nobody any favours - let's just wait for the result of the investigation! People's careers, livelihoods and licences, among other things, depend on that outcome. It is not acceptable to speculate, particularly since there are potential legal issues involved in doing so! As I said, there are many, many possible causes - often a combination of more than one. The data from the F27, however, is not likely to be that good - it may not show if, for example, the aircraft became airborne again, at selection , thus not selecting or that a microswitch was faulty or that anti-skid was inoperative. Who the hell knows ?- maybe not even those flying it - that is why professionals carry out those investigations, armed with the highest level of knowlege and experience/expertise - just wait for the report - and I would suggest it would be very unwise, and certainly unfair, for anybody to start advancing theories!
The issue that I believe, however, is pefectly reasonable to continue to debate is what has or has not happened to the F27 pilots, and anybody else affected by ECY's subsequent actions. Still, however, debate achieves little except bad feeling - it is for those souls affected to seek advice, as I posted recently. We may even harm their chances of a fair outcome if we continue to stir things up, don't you think?