PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia FO recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2002, 21:23
acm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPLS,

You are a real idiot. I am French and I 'm working with a UK airline and I probably took the job of a British national.
First of all, you can apply for a job anywhere in Europe.
Second, thoses Dutch CTC cadets pay good money to CTC or Cabair or whoever to get their licence keeping the flying school industry healthy in the UK.
Third, I try to buy a house in my hometown in France: I can't. The price went up because too many British, German or Dutch people are buying everything. Look what's happen in Spain (Alicante, Palma, Malaga ...) or Nice, or Britanny. Look where Ryannair and Buzz are flying in France. British and German are everywhere ! It is now very difficult to buy something in your own country.
But I am not complaining, because we need to transport the Brits to their new house and those people are filling the plane I'm flying, thence providing me a job. They also help the local industry.
So to make it simple, you are taking our home and we are taking your job. Europe is good for each side, maybe in a different way.
Finally, I bought a house in England, pay tax, go to Waitrose once a week, use local builder for all sort of home improvment, etc.., which means I am contributing to the local economy.
You may be on the wrong side of the stick at the moment, but you should have a global view of the problem.
Or maybe you want to go back 50 years ago when our grandfathers were killing each other ?