PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2011, 17:32
WHBM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by pee
I mean they still could "astonish the world" by improving their brand as "New customer friendly Ryanair", but so far they are doing the opposite.
I think this is unlikely as well, because the Ryanair management, recruited and filtered by M O'L, do believe all the Low Fares (ie sometimes low initial headline price) stuff, even when their customers increasingly have different experiences. So I don't think they would be capable of identifying issues which have driven their product approach past it's sell by date. Even if O'Leary goes, all those he recruited in his image will still be there deciding how to build websites or pricing policy.

Sorry guys, it's Freddie Laker all over again, who ordered all those DC-10s and A300s expensively financed in Japan, and scheduled more services from London to LAX in the depths of the winter than long-established BA did. Remind me, how many 737NGs are Ryanair parking this winter, with leasing costs continuing but no revenue ? Probably blame BA again for it all, as well......