PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2011, 14:44
pee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compare the CAPTCHA and general Ryanair.com experience with the new iOS and Android apps that EasyJet launched last week.
Or compare Ryanair and EasyJet experiences more generally, in their entirety. Trying to judge more objectively, look at the load factors, among else. Low-cost pax do tend to chose EZY over RYR nowadays, I bet their choice is based just on this overall experience. Not on prices, Ryanair is still somewhat cheaper. Not on the cabin crew behaviour, in my view the staff is OK in both cases. Not on punctuality, where FR is indeed slightly better. Is it due to EZY flying from bigger airports? Wouldn't be so sure. In fact, the significant part of all passengers chooses Ryanair because they live close to or fly to the destination near the local airport where no other low cost carriers operate. Others make their choices based on price. Here the situation changes too, Ryanair doesn't seem to be able to offer their extremely low fares any more. Trying to win more pax increasingly relies on some bigger airports, but... there others are already present. Will the Ryanair brand be strong enough to lure these passengers without a VERY clear price advantage? I mean they still could "astonish the world" by improving their brand as "New customer friendly Ryanair", but so far they are doing the opposite.

Waiting for new winds to change something, I'll still use Ryanair from time to time, but mostly because here in Finland we don't really have many alternative carriers, the above-mentioned EZY doesn't fly here. However, the p2p model will also limit my options. Should I every year fly just to STN, HHN, BRE and BGY? - it becomes boring a bit, as well as playing with Captcha. Ryanair business model needs some significant changes, it is now obvious more than ever.