PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASYJET to scrap 6-on 3-off roster?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2002, 15:00
outofsynch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok ok Im sorry!

Well, I certainly livened up the discussion didn’t I ??

I do apologise to all, because I didn’t want to appear smug or arrogant.

The view I was unsuccessfully trying to promote, was that with NW becoming rostering manager, then that it is likely to be the end of the eJ rostering philosophy as it is/was. I believe he has already stated in the negotiations, that the 6/3 system just doesn’t work efficiently. Perhaps that is why the eJ rostering record is so bad?

From my point of view, I know how the Go system has worked, and that it has been the biggest reason that Go hasn’t had the pilot turnover that eJ has had. It seems to work very well, and I have never heard anyone complain about it.

I agree wholeheartedly, that I know nothing about what you guys have tolerated for so long, apart from what has been said on forums here. I think I do understand though, just how pisssed off you are, and no, I don’t want to experience that for myself!!!

Please don’t flame me. I was proved very wrong in the discussion about FLIDRAS in eJ. You may well prove me wrong this time too! But also, please believe that a new rostering system, MAY prove very successful, and satisfying for us all, even without the 6/3 pattern.