PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pushback procedure
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2011, 09:59
raraa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my $0.02

As a pilot operating A320 to around 40 destination on a turn around, trust me when I tell you crew rarely if ever read AIP with regard to ground operations.

Every airport has its peculiarities, and on a 40 min turn around we rarely ever read those things, I seriously appreciate a simple and straight forward clearance "pushback face east" is alot more common and useful than "pushback for RWY 6 approved.

Remember crew don't have every airport layout memorized, my home base controllers frequently use clearance that are tougher for us than other operators because they know we have the layout figured out.

In one airport I got "pushback approved runway 36" which lead me to pushback to face to the south exit of the apron, which made sense only to see another plane coming in through that same exit. When I asked I was told to extend further backwards to allow that traffic to enter my stand, and was told that next time "please confirm the direction with us first"

Trust me when I say I could care less but if he told me "Pushback face north" it would have been easier to everyone.