PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2011, 23:07
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the airline can see this why does this not apply to Dublin, Stansted and Berlin which are all major airports yet FR cut services from them.
a) Dublin - never ending spat re: new terminal, costs etc. That alone will stop MOL from retiring.

b) Generally the least major of the (formerly known as) BAA 3.

c) New airport, MOL would probably rather still use the old SXF terminal.

Re: CAPTCHAS. My understanding is that Ryanair keep website management in house, but I recall not too long ago when every other airline was playing the SEO game and adding pages about where they went to keep google happy, Ryanair were very slow to follow. Theoretically, a retrograde move could be put right within seconds, but there is probably some kind of analysis / evaluation period.

I suspect that many people on this site fall in to the category of liking to sniff around / look at destinations, but actually make bookings less often. I for one have persevered on many a site because I have wanted a particular product and by the time I go through the 10th CAPTCHA / re-enter details, I just decide it is more effort to start again with another provider, if indeed there is another provider.

Ryanair.com is basically the website any Web developer will love to hate - the colours are nasty, and there are loads of obstacles preventing you getting where you want. Yet, it has historically at least, put more bums on seats than any other.

I hope that the CAPTCHAs will prove more trouble than they are worth, but I won't be surprised if they are still around for a while yet.