PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luxembourg Crash 6/11 (Threads Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2002, 08:25
Stratocaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at least 6 degrees of separation

Sorry to interrupt, but from what I hear the official announcement made by the LX gov on their website is way off-track from what investigators think (= BS). I don't know whether it was intentional or not, and of course the guys from the French BEA may still change their mind further down this investigation which has just started. At this time, when the mass media is pressing for new information and something smart to say on the air (which doesn't happen very often unfortunately), I guess it's a smarter move for the gov to say it's probably a technical problem and focus everybody's attention on that until the final report goes out (in a year or so).

What leaked is that the right prop is amazingly "intact" compared to the left one, so people start thinking "hey what if, in just a snap, they became single-engine ?". That's all they seem to say regarding the engines: one was turning much faster than the other. The other bit of info is concerning the rate of descent, which apparently reached up to -7,000 fpm. It is assumed that the aircraft bounced once before crashing in the field (I find that a bit hard to believe but I'm not an expert on the subject).

Then comes the pure speculation regarding the crew, which couldn't come from the BEA of course, but obviously I won't repeat it here. Actually I find that totally disgusting, especially when it comes from collegues. Especially when one of them survived. Especially when the investigation has just begun. Especially when all the crew members are in tears (is there a special team to help them go through all this ?). I don't know who started it and who followed him/her, but I wouldn't want to have collegues like that.