PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2011, 19:33
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@fa2fi

Navigating, avoiding the annoyances, trying, re-starting, becoming annoyed again... Sure, the ones like you, possibly like me and many else too will not get annoyed enough to discontinue, but for some it could be one step (one annoyance) too far. If it drives away just 10 per cent of potential customers, does it matter? In the economic terms such a 10% drop in sales it's much, believe me. But... we are living in the free world and indeed, if the airline wants to do business this way, there is nothing we can do about it. I'm just wondering what was the point of publishing these MOL's confidences in 2010... forgotten?
O'Leary also said the Dublin-based airline will need a new chief executive as growth slows, admitting that his controversial management style would be out of place in a more mature business.

The airline is facing pressure on costs as it moves into major airports closer to city centres in a quest for more passengers and will also be under pressure to improve levels of service. "We have to move away over the next number of years from being obsessed with having the lowest fares in the market," O'Leary said.

He added that Ryanair will have to become a more sophisticated operation as the business reaches maturity: "Growth rates start to slow down significantly and it becomes more about the brand game, telling all the lies that you need to tell to get the fares up."

In a departure from his usual business philosophy, O'Leary said Ryanair would need to trumpet attributes other than cheap fares – such as its young aircraft fleet and "terrific" in-flight service
The fares are going up - what about this brand issue, customer orientation and friendliness and the quality of service, including the ease of use of the website?