PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2011, 02:58
Ngineer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The future is somewhat different from what we know of the past and the sooner WE come to grips with it the better.....
To paint a picture that I personally think CN would like to see.... B1 guys eroded away by the type 'A' certifier (an the in-experience that goes with some of them). B2 guys eroded away by the B1 and type 'A' certifiers (and of-course the in-experience that goes with that also). Stuff all B1 type training going forward, and don't expect anymore B2 training (especially at SIT or SDT). Alot of B1's and practically all B2's in a line environment (int or dom) can kiss their ass goodbye in the not too distant future (380-330-787 transits handled by B1/type A/ramp staff only unless assist reqd). And the older experienced LAME's will probably be sent to base to retire or eventually be given the flick.

A cheap and nasty vision for you that I can see happening, or already started.

....I am not for a lowering of standards but there needs to be a change in the way we do things if the young lame's want a long term job....THE RIM
Totally agree, but the way things are starting to pan out is definately not the solution. Nor will it help maintain our impeccable record for safety. IMHO it is more a recipe for disaster.