PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA English Proficient
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2011, 01:02
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well, the last issue date of my ATP was 1992...(for a new type rating...original in 1987...) Anyway, I stopped flying 2003, so does this mean that if I get a current Class I and do my 3 TOL's, I have to get a new (Piece of Paper) from the FAA to carry on my person to excercise the "priviledge" of said certificate???

I know the new one's are plastic, i.e.-credit card style, but would I need the birth cert., fingerprints, photos (at $15 from Wallgreens), etc... and how/where would I take an English Lang Test??? Just to get an "endorsement"??? More importantly, why should I???...Total B.S.

That's one reason I don't fly anymore...I miss it, but I love my sanity more...

By The Way, re-reading the thread, I realize I may have misspoke...Many Americans (born and raised in the USA) can't be understood either...ever been to the deep south or new england...??

Do they know "Aviation English" worldwide???

Just because one speaks English doesn't mean they have the ability to operate into Chad or Tunisia, even though those controllers are generally good and speak "Aviation English"...i.e-"Report Overhead"...OK, we request a straight-in...Runway in sight..."Roger Approved...report overhead..."

Last edited by DownIn3Green; 9th Dec 2011 at 01:13.