PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luxembourg Crash 6/11 (Threads Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2002, 11:55
Oldjet Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Luxembourg crash

Ellion

I understand your post but quite frankly think you are misguided in wanting to inhibit discussion on possible causes of a tragic accident. It has already been stated by the authorities that it is likely to be next September at the earliest before a report is published. Providing no fingers of blame are being pointed, any discussion by professionals of possible, and I emphasise "POSSIBLE" causes can contibute to the official investigators thoughts and may be draw attention to potential system faults or deficiencies that can help alert other crews in avoiding similar disasters while waitng for the results of the enquiry. I'm sure you would not like to hear of other loss of life because we cannot talk among ourselves of possible problems. Lets keep talking in a sensible way about anything that comes to mind from our professional experience while avoiding pointing the finger. I am now retired and still alive. Many years ago after an accident to another aircraft I was alerted to certain possible causes and in similar circumstances I was able to avoid a nasty, so I will forever be grateful to those who are bold enough to voice their professional thoughts after an accident. The only posts to be avoided are from those who, without the facts claim to KNOW the cause or Who if any one was to blame. For the rest let us continue sensible technical discussions!!!!!!!