PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the story at OATS
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2001, 17:00
Harves

Wink

I am in a similar situation, due to start April at OATS and have heard exactly the same.

I was at Aviation House yesterday and was having a chat with an EasyJet F/O who described his experience of Oxford as being a BA sausage factory.

I also had a chat with my PPL Instructor, who said he walked out on the initial meeting at OATS due to the attitude he received as self sponsored. His friend went ahead and went to OATS and switched schools half way through, specifically because he was not getting access to the aircraft.

I phoned OATS and just asked them straight. Now I would not expect the truth, but they did say that they were well aware of these rumours and strongly deny them. Make up your own mind on that.

This said, I decided to check a couple more integrated courses and have been extremely impressed with one. If you can get ready in time for April, British Aerospace have spaces available on their course. They are no longer in Prestwick but are in Jerez Spain.

They are offering the course for the same price as Oxford but include food and accomodation which looks pretty good and has excellent on site facilities.

They offer a few less hours, but I have heard nothing bad. That said, if anyone has, then please do tell.

Check out their site at www.baesystems.es

Good luck, may see you there.