PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silk Air (Singapore) to employ ex-Ansett drivers.
Old 15th Nov 2002, 01:53
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Huntsman, CPF stands for Central Provident Fund, similar to Australia's Superannuation scheme. It used to include the expats as well as the Singaporeans, whereby the employee paid in 15-22% of his salary and the company made an equivalent contribution. Not a bad bonus come end of contract!

Boeing Belly, try reading this thread from the Terms and Endearment forum - it takes only ONE ******** to start making these sorts of offers that Jobsearch has (and I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if he IS one of the Ansett persons going to Silk Air), and Silk Air siezes the opportunity:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...threadid=69170

Unknowingly my reply seems to pretty much sum up what they are(n't) getting.

However, I'm sure that the self-appointed leader of the AN s_@_s, who told the group, "If you have any problems, come and see ME. I'll fix it!", will play a major role in protecting their welfare.
A new broom always sweeps clean, they say. I heard that the Singaporean heirachy were VERY impressed with that Aussie's takeover role - NOT!!

CitizenXX - you must be due to take up your position anytime soon.
The AN 737 drivers took jobs WAY below MARKET PRICE for Japan.
Rumour has it that Sky Net are already in financial straights - unable to pay their landing fees at Haneda. Time will tell.