PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silk Air (Singapore) to employ ex-Ansett drivers.
Old 14th Nov 2002, 22:21
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

It is the "type" of ex-An people , TNO - I have tried to leave the "s_ _ _" word out, for the time being. Surely you picked up on the DATES mentioned (very late in 1989 or early 1990)?!
The only reason I MIGHT be "indignant about their terms of remuneration" would be because they have AGAIN done overseas that which they did domestically in Oz 13 years ago - LOWERED the conditions of employment for pilots.

The story, in fact, came from a non-Australian who WAS done out of the prospect of a job there by them, however as they (the ex-An people) have accepted what would really have to be considered "breadline/rice bowl" conditions, he reckons they're welcome to it! Hence the with the topic subject.

I don't tar everyone with the same brush, liquid_gold. You would have noticed for yourself that the reception YOU receive from many of the long term Aussies is far different to that of the more recent AN arrivals.

As for Wiz's preceding comment - the pilots who went to Virgin Blue were the FIRST on the ONLY contract.
These mates of your's have lowered the bar CONSIDERABLY from previous contracts.