PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft off the Runway at SXL
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2002, 21:02
The Potter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

To those of you who work in operations at Eurodisney's head office in Luton I apologise for not mentioning you in my previous postings. I have discussed the excellent cabin crew that EC has before, & to all those who were with the company from the outset sorry, once again, for ignoring you. You do all indeed work hours that are probably illegal under UK legislation, but you keep on doing it. Captain Anchovy, you have not been asked to lay out your own money to keep your job. How would you feel if just before christmas you were laid off & then told that to keep your employment you had to pay more than half of your annual salary for reduced terms & conditions when you'd done it. Not too pleased, I'll bet?

Everyone can see that you are also in an extremely vulnerable situation & that if certain things progress for Euroceltic the way the lousy management want them to, you will also all be given the push in due course. You will all be surplus to requirements.
What's that I hear you cry? "We've all been told that our jobs are safe." So were the pilots for the past year & look at what has just happened to those poor guys.

MarkD, yes it does indeed seem like a copy of what happened at Aer Aran. At least Aer Aran didn't expect the pilots to cough up for their own type training, & no, it is not just difference training. It is a completely separate type.

I repeat: the pilots have been lied to for the past year & have just simply been strung along. There has been total exploitation by this company of the job shortage situation for all staff. The best thing that you can do guys & gals is to leave as JB007 says. I mean everyone, by the way, not just the flight crew.