PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Restricted 66 B1
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2002, 19:04
KwikPhix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your thought Mighty Thor.

Funnily enough, my LWTR Cat A Aero 2 wasn't issued until 02 June 2001, even though i took my oral in mid may. Not to worry though. I couldn't hold the Avionic extension within my company as I didn't have both A & C prior to this date. My Licence is up for 1st renewal in 6 months time, and I don't know whether to keep my Sect L and renew it and just hold onto any (if any ) JAR 66 pass certificates I might hold at the time until I've got them all , or to Renew my licence and exchange it for a JAR 66 B1-1 with restrictions even if I don't manage to get all the Exam modules passed before June.

I will admit that there is a financial gain to be had with my organisation, if you hold both full A & C Company Approvals/Auths. Along with the fact that it makes everybodies life easier when it comes to manpower planning. With the demise of the LWTR Cat C I am now unable to get that licence and Company Auth ( pay rise ).
I just wondered if there was anything to be gained by holding even a restricted B1-1. ie would my Quality manager be able to issue a full 'A & C' Authorisation based on the holder having a restricted B1-1.