PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trislanders
Thread: Trislanders
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2002, 01:22
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
GAMAN. Can't remember the weights but I'm sure those two in Australia will legally carry up to approx 1,400 kg payload.

God be with the pilot that does, especially if one of the donks quits!

Life gets interesting if the pilots exit the aircraft before the tail end passengers..... And expensive!

Some years ago noted aviation journalist, renown aviation publication editor, devoted patron of the Cairns Aero Club, aviator extrordinaire and legend in his own lunch time, Paul Phelan, managed to "acquire" secret technical details on the Bongo and Tri Bongo, I think from some railway foundry in the UK. The paper discussed very interesting and detailed technical theories on how Bongos converts high frequency vibrations to levitation and convert noise to thrust.

Anyone still got a copy of the document? I think it may be of assistance to Gaman.

It is rumoured there is another twelve brand new Trislanders somewhere in Australia. Some guy wanted to install V8 engines.

And the world's only long nose Islander is (or was) in Australia. It had been the original test bed for the Turbine Islander. Don't remember the registration.

GAMAN, contact nasa. He loves them!

Last edited by Torres; 13th Nov 2002 at 01:55.