PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Restricted 66 B1
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2002, 23:27
KwikPhix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restricted 66 B1

Apologies, but I've already posted this question over on Airmech and haven't had any answers as yet, so I thought i'd widen my search for an answer, here goes:-

I have got a LWTR Cat A, Aeroplanes 2. After a bit of a break from studying I've just started back on the exam trail, with my first 2 JAR Modules taken. Mod 15 and 17 so far , no results back yet.

To have a usefull licence when I convert my LWTR over to a JAR 66 B1 ticket, how many Modules do I need to Pass ? Obviously the ideal would be all of them, but a LWTR A&C person can convert their licence to a usefull restricted 66 B1, I have worked with people who have done this, and their Company Auth's are the same as a A&C guy. Would my Cat A Aeroplanes 2 plus.. say...a pass in module 15, 17, and 11 equate to a JAR66 licence with the same restrictions as the converted A&C guys ? Or am I stuck where I am until I have taken and passed all of the Required B1 modules that I am not exempt ?

This brings me on to my second question.
If you are just starting out on the quest to gain a JAR66 B1. Lets say you are an Experienced Fitter/Mechanic who has been working on A/C for years, after formal training. How many Modules do you need to pass before you can 'Trade them in' for a usefull Restricted or full B1 Licence.

If the answers to these questions are just so obvious I apologise for my stupidity in advance. I have asked quite a few people now and don't seem to get a definative answer. It would seem that if you take and pass all of the modules, no problem. If you convert an A, C & X Elect with an Avionic Extension ( glass cockpit) no problem. If you are an 'inbetweeny' like me there seems to be a bit of 'uncertainty'.
As always any help greatly appreciated.