PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 17:23
Hamburg 2K8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the info on airbridges. As we are health and safety made in the UK is there a rule to say that an airbridge cannot be moving whilst the aircraft is lining up with the stand? I ask this because when I have been in Hamburg I see the airbridges moving into position before the aircraft is lined up? I know the Germans are vert efficent compaered to us, passengers seem to walk off the aircraft within 30 seconds, takes a lot more here. Last time I was in MAN for about 6hrs in September at level 13 and the AVP I noticed turnarounds were preety quick, everything waiting for aircraft before arrival and most flights left within 15mins depature time. LH turnaround around 40-50mins, I think this is normal for a european LH flight? Do we often get feedback from airlines ref ground ops whether it be positive or negative?

One last question the guidence system at the stands, I read a while ago that MAG were getting new systems installed at every stand (unsure if this was all 3 terminals) but is this still WIP?