PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luxembourg Crash 6/11 (Threads Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2002, 04:47
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow

Tan: The FAA, which I referred to, only 'oversees' (so to speak) US airlines, and I know nothing about foreign airline requirements. Other than the British CAA, or Dutch RLD (?), I have no idea what the foreign aviation 'authorities' are called. As my remarks attempted to describe, my company, since training me as FO in November '85 (was FO about thirteen years), has only three or four times given me engine failures which were not during takeoff.

As previously stated , only o-n-e such approach 'event' was during a visual: never at an MDA, and never in IMC, even for an ILS, and this was during my four years as Captain.

My company's mainline operates turbofan jets, which range from, generally speaking, 108,000 pounds MTOW up to that of the 747-400.

To repeat, I know nothing about other US airline nor foreign airline requirements, but I suspect that the training for those unfortunate F-50 pilots, no matter what caused the accident, was much better than what many US airlines require on their many jet fleets, most of which carry a larger number of (naive and unsuspecting) passengers per plane.

Last edited by Ignition Override; 12th Nov 2002 at 00:28.