PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 18:21
750XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stand 6, 8 and 10 are very outdated and battered bridges, 10 more so than the other two due to it being exposed to the wind right on the corner of B pier more so than the other two. While they look a complete state from the outside, interior wise I don't think they're too bad compared to most of the C pier bridges, although all 3 of them need replacing soon (speaking as someone who operates them day in day out).

C pier bridges are just terrible all together. Go and have a look at 31/32 while they're still there, check all the damage on the exterior from them 'bumping' into each other. Outer bridge on 31 is currently out of service due to a huge piece of metal sticking through the skin, I doubt it'll get fixed.

Both the old bridges have been removed from 29 and one new one installed. I believe the 2nd airbridge destined for stand 29 was dropped from a considerable height when being removed from the ship and being placed onto the trailer, so it could be upto 6 months before we see dual airbridges on 29. 31 and 32 are due to be replaced soon too.

I'd imagine airbridges are low on the priority list for MAG, at most passengers see them for a few minutes while boarding the plane and the majority of pax couldn't care less