PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 14:32
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nobody is suggesting that the Edinburgh service would be daily. More than likely once a week and if demand justifies then the frequency can be increased.
Actually it would need to be daily. There's no business case for a weekly flight as even Air China need to fill up the front end and Mr Businessman isn't going to wait six days for a flight in a time sensitive environment, he'll use BA or any of the other legacies that offer a daily one stop connection.
Fair enough, I like Alex Salmond, he's always going to put what he thinks are Scotland's interests first. My gripe is that what he thinks is in the national interest of Scotland, the UK and the SNP are not all the same thing.

Also the ratio of hot air to strategic intelligent management in all politicians is way too high. Holyrood is not an intellectual powerhouse. We still await a new Adam Smith....

cotland more than pays its own way in the UK, so much so that we have subsidised the rest of the UK for the last 5 consecutive years
As an analyst I am selective with stats for a living. So let's not attribute British oil revenue to Scotland's asset portfolio and then run the numbers again. Given the sheer dependency on the state of the economy in Scotland, given the real and ongoing poor health issues, given long term unemployment, rural poverty, disparate transport infrastructure, given the collapse in value and *competence* of our banks. Then throw in a Conservative Party that's an embarrassment to the name, a Lib Dem party destroyed by canoodling with Cameron, a Labour Party of second raters and ask me if I am proud to be Scottish? Yeah of course I am, Salmond rocks in many ways but subsidising Air China is a new one.