PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 08:30
craigieburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Fact is Gillard said there would be no carbon tax and the electorate believed her.
So Frank, did you vote ALP in the last federal election because Julia Gillard said there would be no carbon tax?

I didn't think so.

So Prawn, did you NOT vote ALP at the last election because Gillard said there would be no Carbon Tax?

FFS, I don't know how many times that I have read Labor apologists making this point trying to excuse this most disgraceful of lies.
Next you will try to tell us that it is OK because little Johnny said there would be no GST, however, the big difference is that Howard changed his mind and actually had the fortitude to take his position to an election.
Surely the fact that a majority of people voted for the opposition beholds this government to take any major policy shift to an election. How can we have any faith in a political process that allows a minority government to make such a massive fundamental change of policy without going to an election?
I can't understand that you rusted on idealogues just don't get why people are pissed about this.