PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon supply chain under scrutiny?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2011, 07:08
BEagle

Received 328 Likes on 115 Posts
Perhaps some sycophantic Koalas were eager to smile at their superiors, so adopted a policy which, outwardly, seemed to keep the project rolling along.

Whereas in fact they were trusting in 'NIMTS'. Not In My Tour Syndrome - the policy of ensuring that the poo resulting from his policies wouldn't descend until after the sycophant had left office, probably on promotion.

Which puts me in mind of the ridiculous FM-immunity saga. European requirements were such that after a certain date, all our VHF radios (VHF RT, VOR, ILS) had to meet the new standards. As the date approached (and having had to update the flying club's radios....), I asked the IPT what was being done for HM's mighty FunBus fleet to meet both FM-immunity and 8.33 Khz requirements. He'd no idea what I was talking about, then did some digging and found the requirement buried deep in the files of a predecessor. So for several months we were unable to meet international requirements. New radios (utterly dreadful things) did eventually appear - but what a procurement farce. It had been the same when I'd raised the point about the 137 MHz extension a few years earlier and we'd been non-compliant for several months.