PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 14:49
BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES

Location: the OFCR......and probably somewhere over China zzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those on here who seem to be motivated primarily by money should reconsider your career options. If you don't have a love of flying as your FIRST motivating driver, you will be very unhappy. Not only during your training, but whilst on-line. I've seen it toooooooo many times. If working in a profession with all it entails comes second to the money comparisons, look elsewhere.

Yes you should be remunerated for doing a professional job, discharged in a professional way. However you will struggle to do this when all the crew room, flight deck, and FTO banter is driven by money worries and comparisons to your peers. Get yourself in the door and do your time, then start worrying about the money. Or become a ****** banker. Both leave you feeing knackered, worn out and close to alcohol dependency. One will pay a hell of a lot more and you can spend Xmas with the kids. The other is the most thrilling profession(in my opinion) out there that enables you to meet and work with some fantastic people. Both options will treat you like dirt to get their 'pound of flesh'. You DO need to be able to put up with a lot of Cr3p in both, but one has a far better LONG term proposition.

It ain't the 60s or 80s anymore. The world is driven by money grabbers, that includes airlines and Flight schools. Most have lost any family feel or soul they used to have. Some airlines will treat you with a modicum of respect. Others will not.