PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right time to train (Merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 11:39
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub: I understand your point in fact, sorry for being an a*shole.

Shytorque
I was previously warned off trying to achieve an aviation career. All sorts of people said I would never make it, for all sorts of reasons, including the financial downturn, the "fuel crisis" and the competition being too fierce. I did make it.

That was in 1973. I've been flying for a living since 1977. I did once have to relocate when jobs in my my part of the world were hard to find and I didn't have sufficient experience for the ones that were available. I took my family of five 6,000 miles to a place where a job was available to me. When that job finished, we relocated again.
As long as I can see in the past we can read advertisement and articles concerning PILOT SHORTAGE and how much great it is to become an airline pilot.
Anyway, 1973, interesting. This is true we had an oil crisis, then everything came back to normal, it has to be taken into account. However there is the debt crisis in addition today...
What is your advice in 2011 for a 20 years old or so person who might have a plan to become a pilot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED: got rid of the irrelevant question to bealzebub.

Last edited by KAG; 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:28.