PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right time to train (Merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 14:28
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it doesn't mean they will have a job, and doesn't mean they will be paid.
Whilst it is certainly true that there are no absolute guarantees, it is also very likely that they will have a job and they will be paid. Luck certainly plays a big part, but it is also about the choices you make.

Far too many people fail to adapt to the realities of the market, believing that they can save a buck here and there and the market will adapt to suit them.

Buying type ratings and line training from some dodgy outfit in a country whose airlines are normally internationally blacklisted, may well be an option for some, however It is not a resource that many companies are likely to find attractive.

People are taking a very significant risk, and they need to research what they want from their own goals. They need to look where their target employers are recruiting from. They then need to consider how they might set about entering those markets.

These are "wannabe" forums. It is a very difficult marketplace. There are far too many would be aspirants for the number of realistic placements available, always are and always have been. It is an expensive pursuit, and always has been. It is a marketplace that expands and contracts with the seasons. It is an evolving marketplace no matter how unattractive some may find that evolution.

For the resourceful, adaptable, intelligent, and lucky, there are routes into airline flying. Those pilots are paid and they have careers that do enable them to repay their training investments in a relatively short time. That I can be sure of, because I work with them. however it is small section of the overall market.

Personally, I don't care if people habit these forums to fulfill a fantasy. I don't care if they train, don't train, waste money, fail or succeed. From a position of experience within the industry, I can tell you the way it is in this segment of that industry. The advice is free, so take it or leave it. I would however aver that it is correct.