PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 06:25
sisemen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get really, really annoyed with myself when I succumb to trolls but.... here goes:

I'd still like to see a reference for the quote attributed to Tim Flannery.
Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

In the radio interview, Professor Flannery said: "If the world as a whole cut all emissions tomorrow, the average temperature of the planet's not going to drop for several hundred years, perhaps over 1000 years."
Talking to Andrew Bolt today – Climate Commissioner Tim Flannery says that even if the whole world slashes its emissions we won’t know what difference it will make for maybe a thousand years
Tim Flannery, a zoologist and author of an acclaimed 2005 book on climage change, “The Weather Makers,” compares skeptics of global warming to “flat Earth believers.” But he made a point that most global warming alarmists gloss over when he threw down this lightning bolt in an interview with Macquarie Radio’s Andrew Bolt:
“If we cut emissions today, global temperatures are not likely to drop for about a thousand years.”

Is that enough for you? It was a simple matter of googling Tim Flannery +temperature 1000 years. Check it yourself. And while you're at it let's have a few references from you and less of the personal abuse by calling us, and me in particular, nutters.

Last edited by sisemen; 2nd Dec 2011 at 06:40.