PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 06:23
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peter

Let me try to answer these for you.
Frank you are right, this thread is about the Carbon Tax.

Here is my position:
  • I think the Carbon Tax is a good idea. We need to do all that is possible to protect the environment and a Carbon Tax is a good step forward. True we should protect the environment, but a tax on CO2 emmissions has nothing to do with pollution, go look at the real pollution problems of the world, and our CO2 tax will only send manufacturing from our clean and green plants to the filthy ones in Asia, India etc etc. Do you not understand this? Secondly a bit more CO2 is actually good for plant growth.
  • The Carbon Tax will have a minimal effect on the aviation industry. BULL**** Whenever I book an RPT ticket I always select the option to pay an extra few dollars for the Carbon Offset anyway. That is wonderful, but apart from that donation to some plant a tree programme you will find the tax will have a far greater impact than just that. Are you planning not to tick that genorous box once the tax is in?
  • If the magnitude of the Carbon Tax is similar to that of the voluntary Carbon Offset scheme, then the costs are likely to be minimal - 1% or 2%. IF...IF ...IF... wake up sonny.
The costs of rising oil prices is many times greater than any Carbon tax. Have you noticed oil and fuel prices of late? Going down not up, but that is beside the point, the tax in itself is fine PROVIDED everyone pasy as they use with NO EXEMPTIONS, otherwise it is another form of variable income tax. But worse. If you really want a carbon tax, great, but lets just make it fair, and lets not turn it over to a market to be traded.
ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AND RESPOND TO THIS.....PLEASE!

peterc

My dear chap,
Quote:
If people in this thread had to include reputable references the AGW people would go very quiet.
I am not sure I have seen you do this once yet, and we can throw reputable references at you all day long and YOU ignore them. Stop smoking the weed man!

We or I have given you ample material to go check against, and who said you were the Global Warming Police . All you do is prattle rubbish.

I went and used the self confessed green but no axe to grind fellows website, provided by Dutchie and look what came out of it. No thats not good enough for you hey.

I want you to answer this....and with full referencing please!
Quote:
Jabawocky:
Give them to me, they can help offset my carbon taxes when they get applied.

We have plenty of unfair taxation as it is, but this one is the most unfair I have seen yet.

No matter what Jullie Liar says even the poorest folk will be worse off, and those of hard working middle class folk will pay a fortune in increased cost of living in food, utilities etc etc, I will get slugged heaps more for fuel usage etc, and how much of the compensation will come my way ...... Not one cent.

So all these folk who get massive amounts of my tax dollars spent on them already have all the compensation, some big industries allegedly will get some too, and I will get nothing.

I am mighty pissed off about it in case you wondered. And despite your warm fuzzy feeling about donating some amount to plant trees, which is a noble gesture, you are quite likely to be in the same boat. Ripped off to the hilt.

This is an evil, STEAL from the middle classes and give to the wealthy or means tested lucky few TAX. It is not anything more than criminal.

Go back and read my posts about how a tax such as this should be applied. It shall have no exemptions. Use it, You Pay. It should not later be turned into some fraudulent trading scheme either. Might as well turn over our whole tax system to a open market trading scheme.

In every country that introduced such a tax in the past, what happened? The supposed outcome has failed 100% and I wonder why

As for all the proven science, I don't care if you think you are right, in another 40 years you will be proven wrong. But what will this stupid tax have done to so many folk over that time is more important.

Take your heads out of the sand and look at the facts, if you truly believe man made CO2 has an affect on global temps, fill ya boots, but what will this stupid tax do about it? More the point with your clever science PROVE that first before we accept the tax. Remember all it takes to test the hypothesis is one result to prove it wrong

So pony up lads, prove the tax will make any difference. Get all the science, rubbery or not, and show us how it will work. I can't wait!
Not another post from you please until you do.

Thanks in advance.
Ohh you want Tims quotes do you, and yes his bio is interesting
Cookies must be enabled | The Australian
Media Watch: It's elementary, my dear Bolt (04/04/2011)
Global warming over 1000 years: why Flannery is correct | Crikey
The 'Ultimate Millennium Bug' Fuels Climate Fight
Australian Climate Commissioner Prof. Tim Flannery 'CAUGHT OUT' on Climate Change!

Now go do your homework, and refernce your replies to my post above. Or be judged as the troll you seem to be by your peers!