PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters in movies: aerial filming techniques
Old 1st Dec 2011, 10:19
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Cheers CyclicRick for the info on the pair of German Hueys, much appreciated

Though looking at the special features of Spy Game, the Hueys were filmed in the Moroccan brush as Marc was running around co-ordinating things in the desert area

The Morocco countryside especially where theres lots of trees and a river flowing through was meant to simulate the Vietnamese countryside.

Ah Black Hawk down, a few friends of mine who former US Army Aviators told me that Hollywood footed the transportation costs and so forth and special arrangements with the Moroccan Ministry of Defence when I asked, how did Hollywood managed to persuade the DoD and Dept of Army to send the elite and at times secretive Nightstalkers to Morocco for filming. I then thought about the security issues of protecting the MH-60L and MH-6 over there.

Morocco as well as Israel, for filming action movies set in the Middle East as said with Jewel of the Nile, Rules of Engagement (for which the Royal Moroccan Air Force lent a few CH-47 to simulate the USMC CH-46E that lifted off the fictional named USS Wake Island LHA for the land sequence of the film).

Cheers