PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right time to train (Merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2011, 05:47
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right time to train (Merged 2011)

We have been speaking a while back about the difficulties to get a pilot job for a new CPL (I know you like to call it "frozen ATPL"...) when entering the market.

I have been saying, after the 2008 huge recession, that some opportunities would pop up, and that even if I didn't beleive in this career choice for the next half century (fuel and other reasons), I was quite optimistic for the very short term. I use to say a year or two back that "times seem to be hard, but that's the best we will get from now on".
Somebody who started training in 2008, in the middle of the recession, would have made a smart move, as 2010 and 2011 have seen real opportunities coming up around, not for everybody, sure, but still... That's what I was thinking back then, and that's what I still think.

-First we had Susi air and their crash a few days back (one possibility to get your first job if you want to cross the world and fly real airplanes) .
-AA then got into some difficulties.
-India and China economy are slowing down.
-We are experiencing in the west a tricky debt crisis (I know some people think it is convenient to call it Euro crisis, but don't be fooled, that's really a whole werstern world debt crisis)
-Fuel doesn't want to go bellow $100 a baril.

Individualy, those are only signs, but as a whole that's a clear message which could be, for the ones who have to pay for their CPL:

TIME TO SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AVOID TRAINING.

You have been warned.