PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 22:12
Lodown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Michael Shermer..."the world's most respected sceptic"!!! A sceptic who mentions on his website that he became a believer after watching Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth"? You have got to be joking!

Later that month I attended the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference in Monterey, California, where former Vice President Al Gore delivered the single finest summation of the evidence for global warming I have ever heard, based on the 2006 documentary film about his work in this area, An Inconvenient Truth. Because we are primates with such visually dominant sensory systems, we need to see the evidence to believe it, and the striking visuals of countless graphs and charts, and especially the before-and-after photographs showing the disappearance of glaciers around the world, shocked me viscerally and knocked me out my skepticism.
Is there anyone anywhere that puts any faith in Al Gore's film besides Dr Shermer? I guess Dr Shermer's idea of evidence and my idea of evidence are divergent.

I'm sure you know of this little list DutchRoll:
Global Warming Petition Project
Perhaps you can bag each one of these 31,487 US scientists, including a little over 9,000 PhD's who seem to be squarely in your denier/fake sceptic camp. That's a long list of scientist deniers.

peterc005 the world was warmer 1000 years ago and before that around the period of the Roman empire. So to say that the last decade was the warmest on record is true when accurate records only go back 150 years, but it isn't the whole story. It's a convenient argument when trying to link fossil fuel use to temperature, but the real-world evidence of a link is becoming more and more tenuous, if there ever indeed was one.

peterc005 take the WMO press releases with a grain of salt.

Until this week, every day in 2011 was cooler than 2010. 2011 has averaged 0.35C cooler than 2010. So 2011 is 0.35 cooler than La Nina year 2010, but 2011 is also the hottest La Nina year. The UN is FUBAR.
From More UN Lies From The Un-Christian Anti-Science Monitor

Last edited by Lodown; 1st Dec 2011 at 05:55.