PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Club Styles
Thread: Club Styles
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 21:11
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Geewhizz, its only that I have had flak from other ppruners when I mentioned oval circuits and my love of the military way of flying!

My style, mmmm I tend to do what my instructor tells me! But seriously, I do now automatically get in close to the runway when I fly a circuit (which I believe is a military trait). I will be learning the technical PFL "circuit" pattern. Oh yes, I know another different thing I do, I am learning "Initials" as a way of joining the cct rather than always joining in the overhead. I use military acronyms like POB, pax, some times use "Land" rather than "Full stop" when making a full landing. We have to do right hand ccts when using runway 19 to avoid the gliders on Northern. I know I do tend to grip the stick too firmly - in fact my first instructor (and a good friend of mine) when flying the Chippy said that I ahd an "Iron Grip" on teh stick and that I needed to relax more! Now, it depends on whether I am doing something i am comfortable with or not..for instance, now when I taxi I can chat away to my instructor about non-aviation stuff just as I would if driving...

...and always carry my ID card around my neck when flying. We have to wear them all teh time at Cranwell, but also, I make sure I ahev it on me when flying, after I flew to Benson on the BBMF Dakota and on landing realised my ID was at Cgy!

Am I correct in thinking FTOs and civvy clubs do not teach the Emergency Break or MRTs?