PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 18:50
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked for easyJet for many years and frankly get worn down with some of the stuff on here. The cadets are not not on 'dreadful contracts' in terms of the money they earn - the key problem is the lack of certainty over regular income, which can only come from a permanent contract. We know that there are problems, but it is not all bad. Robert G Mugabe's 'insight' is just why management cannot be bothered very often with pilot input - it is negative, unproductive and always talking the company down. I do not share Mr Mugabe's views and can only back easyJet's willingnes to take on new bases which may or may not work. Hardly any airline has made a success of a NCL base - it is a miracle we still have one working at the moment, and we should rejoice at the efforts being made. I hope that it may expand rather than contract, but time will tell.

Bluearrow's views, which I have had to read several times to understand the grammar, are unfortunate and reveal a lack of insight as to the realistic ways into aviation these days. I do not like CTC any more than he does, but I recognise that if you want to become a professional pilot you have to deal with them. Incidentally, there are numerous CTC graduates at easyJet now earning the best part of £100k a year, and some are now Training Captains earning more than that - it might not be the deals that Cathy and BA pilots have had, but it is hardly a personal disaster.