PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLYMOUTH AIRPORT
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2011, 16:04
WOWBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just seen VIABLE's plans for the airport, with the new terminal buildings and extention of the runway. Modelled on London City Airport. And they hope airlines like KLM, Air France etc will fly to Europe with Jet aircraft. This is what we have been crying out for for years, and finally we are getting somehwhere when the airport is looking doomed to close.

Really love the plans and it will be a success for sure. Ryanair or Easyjet having a sniff of it and setting up a base = success. As soon as they see a "Fly to Alicante for £29, Direct from Plymouth", the Janners will flock to the airport as will thoose who use Exeter for such "bargins". They will be on it like a rash. It is somehting plymouth lacked and thats competion and proper planes and routes.

Why oh why, does this having to come about when SHH are rubbing there hands at fooling the council into bowing to there comands. Ones which only benfit them, not the city. We needed this type of leadership on the "Pro-airport" side for many years.

But how people in the council can be for closing the airport, i dont know, they must be mad. They really are fools.

I really would love to see these plans coming into force, seeing them become reality, but i fear we never will. And in years to come Plymouth will say "oh we should never have closed the airport" Look at us now poor, run down and sidelined"