PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2011, 04:22
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, funny enough the IPCC are back pedalling as slowly as they can retreat without anyone noticing. They have sold our governments a scam, and eventually it will be found wanting.

Sure, tackle pollution, tackle pesticides herbicides fertillizers in the water whatever you want, but do it based on real polution risks. As a pollutant CO2 is not one of them. In fact a bit more would be good.

Problem is folk today have no idea on what the real issue is. Global warming, the original scare mongering words are just as valid as global cooling, and of the two I know which one I would prefer.

The issue is a grossly unfair tax being placed on CO2 emissions that is applied in a most unjust manner. As I have said before, if the vast majority of the country want a carbon tax, it must be a tax applied to all energy sources equally, and NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY gets an exemption. It never gets turned over to some trading market where corruption will run rife, it goes into hospitals, schools and so on. Or to save all the added overhead of collecting such a tax, lets just ramp up the GST instead. That will cover Juliars and Kevvies little blow outs.

PS: The ABC of all people are reporting a retreat? Global warming rate less than feared › News in Science (ABC Science)