PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2011, 01:15
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaberwocky
Now you can't have your cake and eat it too, so where is the trend? it is either falling at a greater rate, or its static, but it is certainly NOT climbing at a lesser rate.
Aaah, the famous Bob Carter straight flat line trend graph.

Look carefully at the graph. There is no possible way that you can get a flat line as a trend on that graph. How Carter did it is still a mystery to pretty much everyone except himself, because if you do a proper trend analysis on the data you get something more like this:

Once again, I can't explain how Carter gets a flat line trend out of data which doesn't give a flat line trend. You'll have to ask him that. Needless to say that chart originates from a powerpoint presentation to two extremely "non-neutral" lobby groups. It does not exist in any scientifically peer-reviewed paper by Carter, and there's probably a good reason for that.

And if you want to see for yourself, you can go to woodfortrees.org and plot the UAH data trends. Woodfortrees.org uses the actual data, and uses a C++ software routine to plot trends over the data. Go on. Go there, select UAH data, and give it a try. Tell me if you can massage it into a flat line trend. I bet you can't, because no-one else (except Carter) can!

Last edited by DutchRoll; 29th Nov 2011 at 01:28.