PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YSBK - YWOL, the best way??
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2002, 05:57
Luca_brasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YSBK - YWOL, the best way??

Hey guys,

Im based in Melbourne and am flying up to Bankstown for a couple of days and then down to Wollongong for AVIEX.

Just wondering what is the best way from YSBK to YWOL?? Ive had a look at the VTC and there are a lot of restricted areas and danger areas and controlled airspace as well as the associated traffic

Ive just gotten my PPL recently and have had a little bit of experience with radar vectoring and airways clearance and the like however i am restricted to VFR

One instructor recommended that i just grab an airways clearance from SY Departures and fly direct at 6500 getting vectored and the like. At the moment this is the idea im leaning towards because it seems a lot simpler as well as being fairly direct. However i may not be able to get that clearance or it may take some time.

Another way that has been suggested is to go out towards Camden and loop around, which im not so keen on doing mainly coz its a lot longer distance and the problem of keeping out of all those red areas.

What do you guys think? Is it better with an airways clearance assuming i get it? What are the chances of getting an airways clearance or will i just be told to hold and wait for ages?? Or is the OCTA way the best??

The trip will be done in an Archer II and the aim of the trip is to get experience in a different environment to the one im currently in.

Thanks in advance?