PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2011, 17:18
Cpt Fish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a employee of one of the handling agents, I can kinda understand the cost, but having driven past the new extension and mike 9 it looks embarrassing, as previously posted "like a driveway" the pilots have said there has been no difference in there figures YET! Reclaim was and still is more important! As soon as a international flight arrives and a domestic flight and us bag guys arrive at reclaim and you end up you can only get one flight round a belt, so it becomes a fight for whos bags on first, plus the international belt breaks down if you put too many bags on it! Also the BAA wants us to get bags to the belt within 15 mins, near on impossible with the problem stated above, and too many handling agents, a longer roadway since the new walkway and have you tried to offload a 6 bin BA in under 15 mins or a 235 bag Thomas cook? Ok I will put my hands up and say this doesn't happen all the time, but it's far too small!! It's the oil capital of Europe as we keep saying with all the money from the industry over the past 40 years you would think we would have walkbridges! Ground power out of the ground! Shutes in baggage hall a 4 belt reclaim with a Shute system, but deep down the problem the airport has and the true reason is when they built the current terminal etc in the 70's they under-estimated dyce's expansion over the 40 years after it, which has left the handling agents and the BAA with all problems it has now, small reclaim/not enough stands/not enough parking bays for equipment/too many handling agents in a small place/small baggage hall and finally the terminal is too small itself. Finally again don't get me wrong the BAA has made a effort to get it right with the tools they have and I do love working there, I guess I would like to see more things done to make it better now n again...