PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2011, 13:23
flyingfox

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jabawocky, Lodown, Frank, teresa, traffic, psycho, myself, ....... The posts here keep slipping onto politics as opposed to the scientific debate of what is really happening. Without being too provocative, why not leave references to political parties and politicians out of this thread. It's usually politics that is behind most of the angst driven and intemperate comments posted. Once politics becomes the over riding motivation for commenting, the obvious frustrations of that inane art gets the better of reason. Not that I'm completely against politics and it's practitioners. (Most of my good friends vote for politicians from time to time!) Political parties will always stir the pot in different directions to one another. We have so many issues which require the attention of scientists and so little resources and focus. Issues such as artificial hormones changing the food chain and human genetics; industrial chemicals killing micro organisms; vaccines altering immunity and favouring resistant bacterium; plastics bonding heavy metals into our foods; plants and animals dying or going extinct for lack of habitat; important animals and birds dying en masse from exposure to human medicines in the environment; normal decomposition processes being replaced by toxic anaerobic putrefaction; etc etc etc etc. Indeed a seemingly endless list of issues which don't get the slightest airing in popular media and are waiting to deliver the greatest 'ass bite' humans have ever encountered. Endless bickering over irrelevancies causes the main games to slip by unnoticed. Those not noticing probably includes said politicians who have a mainly 'election time' based functionality. Not noticing the tide of changes we are causing to our tiny planet is the modern day version of fiddling while Rome burns.