PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety culture at EK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 00:15
OzzieA380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric Carr - nice post, but I think you missed the point by a mile or two.

The original thread was regarding safety culture in EK, which is why I laid down some of the current operational problems within EK. Are you saying there are no problems? As an example if you do not think that getting suitable annual leave for crews to get adequate time away is not a safety issue then you confirm the fact that safety is not a priority for you and agree with EK. The same can be said for Training, Rostering, etc.

Also you may want to reread the post as I also did NOT ask or expect any pay rise after 6 months. As you highlighted I said you are banned from annual leave for the first 6 months of joining.

Finally - 10 more months and I'll be free???? Last time I checked I'm free to leave when I want. Where to next?? The aviation market place has not been this fruitful for almost a decade, so the choices are far more varied than you suggest.

I'm happy to take correction when it's factual.

To return to the thread... Plank Cap has highlighted areas that honest EK crews can see in the operation almost daily. There are no adjustments in the pipeline, which is the concern.