PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam instead of Germany?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 12:36
iggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LH

Married to another SEAN sweet woman for years, kids, house, mother in law... evertyhing I have is here in SEA. The only thing that would prevent me for getting a job in the place where I live would be a part time flying job in Europe. Why don't you explore the 50% roster reductions that I am sure you have there in LH? At least from where I come from in Europe you have a reduced salary accordingly to your reduced roster but you keep your social benefits (pension, hospitals, etc...). Half salary in Germany IS a sick amount of money in this part of the world, and LH gives you plenty of ID90's and 50's to make your way home everymonth with your loved ones. I even commuted from Manchester for only 5 days a month and the salary was worth it.

If you are planning on kids, stability, etc... time zone swapping everymonth is a tiny price that after several years I would be delighted to pay to continue with the dream of living here. Don't waste the chance you hace with LH because it will not come back.

Chock dee na!