PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam instead of Germany?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 11:09
phicongduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vietnam instead of Germany?

Okay everybody, here is my thread. This is probably a crazy idea, but always somehow in my mind.... Let me know what you think?
I am 28 yrs old and working for Germany's blue yellow flag carrier. Currently with an FO A320 rating and a chance to go on A340 anytime and B747 by spring 2012.
Earning very good money with great social benefits, retirement plan, medical insurance, and between 10 and 14 days off per month.
Overall definitely enjoying working conditions over here. I would say I have a bright future ahead of me with not too much to worry about it unless I get sick and that kinds of stuff....

However, I am married to a vietnamese woman and I love Vietnam. Everytime I am there i somehow envy those expat pilots working for Vietnam Airlines. I've figured out that working conditions over there dont seem to be as bad as in other Airlines and somehow, in the back of my mind, I always wanted to "try it out".... I guess it is a crazy idea but I still somehow want to know what you think about it. Here in Germany we have all we want and need but I wouldn't mind some "adventure". Although I will probably never end up really going for that plan maybe some of you can share their opinions about it...

There seem to be a lot of life experienced guys in here who might want to share their mind with a young guy.... Thanks in advance...

Phicongduc