PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No deal for Qantas and pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 11:01
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
Few people on here seem pretty up to speed with Judges and legalese for a professional pilot forum......

Maybe that explains why they can't comprehend Keg's plain English post from before.

Are you alleging that Vice President Watson is biased and his position in assisting in the bargaining dispute is compromised because of his past employment? He's no longer on any sort of retainer from Freehills.

Does VP Watson have a history of "anti-union" decisions does he?
No I am not.

However if you look at the rules of judicial disqualification there maybe a case for him to be removed depending on the circumstances and of the case at hand. Without knowing the finer details it would be hard to say more. In saying that he was a partner at Freehills for 19 years and QANTAS have used them as their legal advice over the years. Disqualification would depend on what cases and in what capacity as to whether or not it would apply.

All that aside, it is now irrelevant as it will be heard in court in front of a few of them so it could get interesting.

and whilst the unions' hands are tied behind their backs, an underestimated team are achieving their aim and will walk away scott-free and with a healthy little take home package.
Not over until the fat lady sings though. The FWA could get ugly and many things come out in the public that the company may not have wanted which may have severe political ramifications.

It will be a field day for the newspapers and there will be headlines galore with
some interesting legal and political debate to follow.

And I am sure the wining will never end if QF cop a job protection clause.

On saying all that if they want to go to Asia they can have it. I have absolutely no idea how they will ever get pilots cheaper than in Australia. You go to Asia the insurance goes up, the training costs go the to moon, there are cultural issues, finding pilots alone is going to be an issue. Most of the national carriers have to pay for the entire cost of training their pilots so how the hell QF think they are going to run an airline out there is beyond me.