PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No deal for Qantas and pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 07:22
2Plus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess we may see a pay rise by mid 2012- been a LONG time between pay rises!
The last thing Qantas pilots should be asking for is to price themselves out of the market even further! I know efficiencies are being offered, but the exorbitant rates/overtime system/double allowances of some fleets are simply unsustainable, and whilst it may not matter how low pilots are prepared to go wrt influencing management's business plans, it certainly doesn't help the situation. Certainly not having a go at Keg, just my view in general. God forbid it all ends up in another EBA7 rollover cash grab!

As for this ongoing saga, management have played their hand perfectly, being several steps ahead of the various unions. Not saying they were fair or reasonable at any stage, far from it. The government's ill-conceived fair work laws have obviously been analysed to the nth degree, and whilst the unions' hands are tied behind their backs, an underestimated team are achieving their aim and will walk away scott-free and with a healthy little take home package.

And if you think it's been nasty so far, just wait till the redundancies (out of seniority) start! But that's another thread altogether.