PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the AME apprentices?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 04:41
aeromechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aeromechanic

Hi there,

This was good reading and I hope I will come accross with a person like you in the business. I am a muture student (51) and just completed the first full time year training at TAFE Broadmeadows (Aviation Australia).
it appears that many potential (young) apprentices leave their training as a result of a multitude of reasons, money, motivational issues, poorly treated, not given enough training and what have you. i have been at mid management level in the manufacturing industry for some 20 years and with some employers in this business, it is the same story. my last employer was the worst ever and i decided to try for a midlife career change. perhaps i should be glad that their poor conduct finally spurred me on the make the long and well over due change as i have been an aviation devotee since I can remember.
It is a week since my course finished for the year and find myself sort of in 'no mans land' and will have to do casual work as if i were an early 20's uni student, with which I have no probs with by the way. but where from here? Are there employers in GA on the look out for mature apprenticeships? Can anyone provide me with leads and general advise?
I knew it wouldn't be easy, but such is life, very few things come easy.
What one desires the most is always hardest to get unless you were so lucky to be off spring of Richard Branson, the Packer family or rather.
I am very keen, have been around in life and am not easily deterred from my goals.
keen to hear anything from anybody.

cheers,

Hans